The Digby Difference
Professionally Trained Security Teams for You
Digby’s Makes Sure You Have the Right People on Your Security Team
Digby’s leverages our state-licensed security training facility, which is used by many of our competitors to train their own security personnel, as a recruitment ground for superior applicants.
We target students at the Digby’s Training Academy who score in the top fifth percentile for recruitment to our team.
Digby’s also conducts outside geographically focused recruitment initiatives and participates in career events focused on military personnel and school students when and as needed to ensure our staff meets our high standards.
Digby’s employment pre-selection criteria includes successful demonstration of:
- Ability to physically perform the job functions;
- Negative drug test results;
- Low to average risk as indicated through psychological evaluation;
- Proof of High School or GED equivalency;
- Eligibility to reside and work in the United States (I-9 through E-Verify);
- Literacy in the English language (speaking, reading with normal comprehension and writing) through in-person interview and completion of written questionnaires and a sample scenario-based incident report;
- No criminal conviction history revealed through background and fingerprint checks;
- Verifiable work history through background check;
- Verifiable and uninterrupted residency history through background check;
- Possession of valid State of Illinois twenty (20) hour unarmed security officer training certificate;
- Valid PERC card.
Digby’s Human Resources professionals review the pre-employment screening results including their interviews with each candidate and, if they judge Digby’s standards are met, will make a hiring recommendation to your Account Manager. Your Account Manager will verify the recommendation and personally conduct a final interview of each candidate before making a final formal hiring decision for your assigned personnel.
How Digby’s Ensures and Maintains My Security Team’s Professional Appearance and Performance.
Digby’s issues seasonally appropriate uniforms to each officer and supervisor so that they may maintain a sharp professional appearance. Uniform issue includes short or long sleeve shirts, trousers, belts, headgear, wind breakers, winter coats, foul-weather gear, badges, name plates, ties and tie-bars and other equipment as appropriate.
Digby’s has In-Field Supervisory Inspection teams and an Operations Center that are in operation 24 hours per day, 365 days a year. Our Operations Center is located at our 2850 S. Wabash Avenue facility.
Our In-Field Supervisors routinely visit and inspect officers on-post to inspect performance, appearance, and to provide in-field guidance and remedial training when appropriate.
At the Operations Center, a Watch Commander, the Digby executive-in-charge, is on duty at all times including weekends and is the primary initiator of appropriate escalation within Digby’s as and when developing situations require response.
The Operations Center monitors two-way radio communications and will call for assistance or call in a field supervisory presence as and where needed.
The Operations Center is the first to learn of officers who have called off, are running late or will possibly be reporting beyond the start time of their shift for any reason because it receives all officer calls and monitors a live visual representation of each shift start or change as it is occurring. The Operations Center thus anticipates needs and notifies qualified replacement officers and supervisors as necessary to ensure service staffing to your site is as contracted.